Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hi. My name is Jean and I'm a writing student at Pima Community College. My dream career is to become a Registered Nurse and work in Pediatric Oncology.  I am currently working on a writing project about empathy in the nursing field.  I feel that this is a very important part of being a nurse. Do you think that showing empathy is easy? I think that actions speak louder than words, so show me how easy it is for you to be empathic.   I think that you either are empathic or you're not. It can be very difficult to show your patients that you care and understand what they are going through.  How would you feel if the nurse in charge of your care was a Bitch? I think that I would ask for another nurse who understood how I felt and what I needed. I really think that being on the same page with the nurse who is caring for you is essential to a great recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment